Pages

Sunday 2 May 2010

January


I have been following a brilliant blog belonging to a lady called Helen, since before Christmas. Back in February I noticed a page that she had made for a birthday calendar. I've been wanting to make one ever since and have only just started today. The decision was kick started by the challenge over at One Stop Craft Challenge, who asked for anything but a card.


Crafty Creations asked us to make our own back ground paper. I started with a sheet of thin A4 card. I went round the edges with tattered rose and then stamped a swirly pattern in aged mahogany. I have edged and stamped the date panels in the same way. This also fit in with the "make your own" challenge over at Cute Card Thursday.


The center panel design was taken from this weeks sketch challenge over at Sketch Saturday and the colour scheme was influenced by the "Pastel" Challenge over at Paper play challenges. I'm not sure what happened to the ribbon that I put across the center. It was alright until I stuck it down. I've had a play with my paper distresser on most of the panels to give it a slightly vintage look.

I got a crop A dile big bite after having had it on my wish list for what seems like years. I couldn't resist adding some eyelets. I've also added some stick on pearls.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful looking Birthday calendar. Love that hand made background and the sweet image. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week.
    Hugs Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Naomi, wow you just made a wonderfull birthday calender....love the hedgie...Thanks for joining in at Sketch Saturday. Hugs Terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous and so clever. Thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet and a great idea! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great calendar, I love that Artemio flourish stamp. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Anything but a card' challenge at OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...