Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

Heart of diamonds

Here in England you can't escape the Queens diamond jubilee.  There are bunting and flags any where they can be stuck.  I wanted to avoid the red, white and blue that is covering everything right now and went for diamonds in a different way.


This started out as a box with a lid, but I didn't like the hinges or the way the lid fit, so I took them off.  After giving it a couple of coats of black paint I started gluing on the rhinestones.  I like the grain of the wood, so I haven't painted the inside of the box.    The ribbon that I added to the bottom edge is from my stash.  I'm always on the look out for ribbon and lace.

I will be entering my box for the following challenges:
Everybody Art - No cards
Anything Goes - Anniversaries - I have gone for a heart and diamonds to represent this
Creative Inspirations - Diamond - Lots of sparkle

4 comments:

  1. Lovely creation, love the bling, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation! Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wedensdays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi: Your trinket boxes are divine! I just love your sweet, crafty touches. I'm hoping that when you have time to get crafty again, that you will stop by Word Art Wednesday and play along with us.

    Have a blessed week, and we sure hope to see you soon!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...