Pages

Sunday 2 June 2013

Bird house

Do you ever get an idea in your head that just wont budge till you make it?  This was one of those makes.

Late warning.  There are lots of pictures.



The bird house measures approx 6x6x6 inches and is made from 480 gsm card stock.  I have drawn out a cutting guide as I will doing a live tutorial on how to make this soon.


The hardest part for me to work out was the roof strangely enough.  The best part was decorating it.


I have stencilled, texture pasted, dyed flowers and generally had a lot of fun with this.


I couldn't resist adding more flowers to the roof.  I felt it needed a chimney, but preferred the flower cluster.


I did cover the base, but then added lace for a bit more femininity.


I plan to make a mini album to go inside the house, but I just couldn't wait to show it off.

I am entering my Bird House for the mixed media challenge over at Seemacrafts

9 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi :-)

    Thank you so much for entering the current challenge 'mixed media' over on the SeemaCrafts Challenge Blog.

    This is absolutely stunning! You have used to many different textures and mediums on this. The lace on the roof looks amazing and I love the pear drop fringe. Absolutely beautiful!

    I hope you will join us again in more of our monthly challenges.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxx DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is fabulous so many beautiful things to look at i love your design and textures . thank you for joing over at seemacrafts hugs seema

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Seema. Some lovely makes over at your blog x

      Delete
  3. Hi Naomi,
    Great to see your Bird House finished, I love it, love how you've used so many different medias, there's so much to drool over hee heexx Thanks again for joining in at Seemacrafts xxx
    She DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. trop trop joli, j'adore, quelle délicatesse, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabby project xxx thanks for joining in at Seema Crafts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning project, I especially love that beautiful beaded trim, thank you for joining in with Seemacrafts challenge
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...