I love playing with acetate, but last summer I bought some printed acetate and didn't have a clue what to do with it so I stuck it in the back of a drawer.
This week at Dotties World they challenged us to use acetate, so I was determined to put one of the five sheets that I bought to good use. This is what happened!
This card was definitely a case of "Don't think, just do" and I think I surprised myself. Most of my card blanks are 5" by 7", but I wanted something bigger for this. The acetate is A4 so I folded it in half and put a pale blue card blank in the middle to show off the pattern on the acetate a bit better.
The flower was originally white, but I coloured the bottom bloom with Dusty Concord distress ink and added a black gem. I went over board with the sakura stardream pens for the glitter effect and blinged out with more stick on gems. I need to go in search of some more of the ribbon that I used as I am running out of it now.
I'm sorry about the glare on the pic, but I have no idea how to get a good night time photo of acetate. I work during the day and it's dark by the time I get home. I tried it without the flash and it looked way worse.