I started by covering my white card in Mustard Seed distress ink and then went over that, in parts, with Dried Marigold. I then finished off with a lot of Spiced Marmalade and a little Fired Brick around the edges. The Dots and Best wishes were stamped using Fired brick and then I dusted the whole thing with iridescent embossing powder. Now I never got the hang of embossing and this is the first time I have tried using the powder like this (the pots have been in the drawer for years), but I love the shiny effect it has given.
The die cut was coloured using Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and a little Fired Brick. I then stamped with fired brick and played with the embossing powder again. I have seen fake stitching on other peoples card and love the way that it looks so I have used my pokey tool (I don't know the real name for it) to make the holes.
I loved making this butterfly. It was a white die cut to begin with, so I started with Dried marigold dabbed on to both sides, which I sprayed with a little water and dried using my heat gun. I use make up sponges with my distress inks as I don't have the proper tool yet. I did the same with a layer of Fired brick and finished with a little Mustard seed. I have again stamped with Fired brick. I did the same with my flower too.
I'm not entirely sure why I did what I did with the ribbon, but it seemed right at the time :O). I love 3D elements on a card and get them in when ever I can. I couldn't resist adding the buttons.