Pages

Saturday 16 January 2010

Ditressed Gold


Another Mothers day card. I wanted a distressed look for this one. Nothing too clean cut, but still with (I hope) a touch of elegance.

I have used cream ribbed writing paper as my backing paper. I have coloured the poem using distress inks (antique linen and aged mahogany) to try to get a colour that is like rose petals and matted it onto dark red textured card.

The gold ribbon is from the wrapping of a Christmas present I received and I have added a gold heart charm and a gold gem at the top.

I used the Krylon 18KT Gold leaf pen to distress the edges. I hope I didn't over do it lol. I am entering this card for this months challenge over at Bizzy Becs

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant....love the ribbon! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatilicious.

    Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so elegant!!! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...