Pages

Sunday 10 January 2010

Precious Metals






This is the first of three Egyptian style cards that I made this weekend (all three can be seen on my other blog) and I think that this is my favourite. It is quite a simple card, but I think that it is effective.

It was made using a 5"x7" card blank, but I feel that it looks wider with the placement of the topper. I folded the front of the card in half to create a thick "spine" to add a bit of depth.

This style of topper is out of my comfort zone, but I enjoyed using it. Normally I tend to stick to cute cards. This is a more adult look I feel. I'm not sure that I will ever get into vintage, but it is also on my list of things to try this year.

This card was inspired by the precious metals challenge over at Paperplay Challenges







2 comments:

  1. Wow, Naomi - this is such a glamorous card - and an absolutely perfect theme to use metallic accents on. Love it.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, really different card - love it.

    Thanks for joining us on the first challenge of 2010 over on Paperplay.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...