Pages

Wednesday 23 February 2011

Wonderful Mum

It's half term, so the kids have a week off of school.  We are only on day three and I am thinking about my mum all what she had to put up with from myself and my two eldest brothers when we were little.  The "He took my toy" and the "I'm bored".  Sorry mum.  Well anyway..... I wanted to make a card for a mum for either mothers day or a birthday and came up with this.


The design came from this weeks sketch at Papertake Weekly and the colour scheme came from the coffee and cream challenge at Simon Says.  I think it is also perfect for the some one special challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

I am still working with old stash, so I don't know where my patterned paper came from.  I started off with my usual 5x7 inch white card blank (90%  of my cards are that size) and covered it with latte coloured coordinates textured card.  I topped that with a piece of distressed DP which I edged with tea dye distress ink, to this I added bronze card and some more textured card called cream and sugar (I think it is Bazzil cardstock).  I added bronze ribbon, chocolate ribbon at the bottom and backed my Penny Black stamped image onto some more of the latte textured card.  I have distressed all of the edges and coloured them with tea dye.  I wanted a bit of bling to finish so I have added some square chocolate coloured gems.

Maybe I should have called this card Mocha Latte!

5 comments:

  1. yes is a parfect card for our challenge. sure your mum will like it!
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday for our SOS challenge this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is lovely, like what you have done with the paper at the back - really clever

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card and your mother will treasure it. I hope you will consider adding it to the Penny Black Flickr group. http://www.flickr.com/groups/pennyblackinc/pool/
    I am happy that you entered this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. Enjoy your holiday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty
    Vicky #31 Simon Says Challenge 23.2.2011

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on this week's sketch! Love the big bow. Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...