Pages

Friday 20 May 2011

80 year old whiskey

One of the guys at work is going to his grandmothers 80th birthday party this weekend and asked me to make her a card.  I asked him what sort of things he would like on the card and he said "put some of that doily stuff on it" pointing at the lace on another card I had made.  "Oh, and she likes whiskey".   That was my brief for this card.


I have matted some red/very dark pink design paper on to brown card and then added lace.  I have been playing with my label die cuts and altering to see what other shapes I can come up with.  I quite like the tag shapes I have made, so I used one here.  I have tied the top with dark red lace and finished off with flowers, glitter glue, leaves and peel offs.

It's a simple card, but Ian was really please with it.  I hope his grandmother is too.

I am entering this card for the following challenges:
A spoon full of sugar - Anything goes
Everybody Art - Tags
Papertake weekly - Bloom and grow

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...