Pages

Sunday 7 March 2010

Sunshine Glam

I sometimes get asked to make birthday cards for staff at work. This one is the toughest one that I have made to date. My boss doesn't like "Frills or fuss" and hates anything that looks "over done". So I had to make a minimalist card.



I love what I have made, but there is so much more that I wanted to do with it. Her favourite colour is yellow, so I went for a bright shade to make up for the lack of embellies. I have edged the image in silver for a bit of added glitz and the white ribbon is velvet.
There will be quite a few people signing the card so I have left the middle section empty to accommodate that. I think it is quite pretty, but I am off to make another with more on it to sooth myself lol.
I'm going to enter this card for the Pastel or Bright Challenge over at Dotties World as I think that this one definitely qualifies as a bright card.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning, really beautiful I'm sure your boss will love it, its very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this bright card.It is beautiful, i like the minimalistic. Great job.
    Thanks for joining us at DW this week.
    Gunn :-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...